If you have felt rather overwhelmed by the COVID-19 crisis, you are not alone. Stocking up on food and supplies, constantly watching the news, and wearing masks in public seems unusual. And it is quite common to feel a sense of anxiety. But don't let those feelings completely control your outlook. Instead, consider these 19 positive next steps that will help you create a sense of calm and order even in uncertain times.
1. Wash all the sheets & hang outside if possible.
2. Wash all blankets & throws.
3. Wash all coats & jackets.
4. Wash the refrigerator shelves & drawers.
5. Remove mugs & glasses; clean the area; put back the favorites.
6. Remove casserole dishes; clean the area; eliminate the odd ones.
7. Remove plates & bowls; clean the area; put back the best.
8. Remove pots & pans; clean the area; put back what you really use.
9. Gather all games; pick out your favorites; have a game night!
10. Gather all DVDs & CDs from around the house; keep the favorites.
11. Sweep the floor, run the sweeper, & shake out the rugs.
12. Wash one window; smile; wash one more window.
13. Remove one category of clothing from your closet; put back the best.
14. Repeat for every type of clothing.
15. Gather all shoes; eliminate duplicate styles & colors.
16. Empty out the junk drawer; put back the most useful items.
17. Gather all magazines; set the most recent by your reading spot.
18. Remove books from shelves; clean the area; put back the favorites.
19. Sort through coupons, flyers, & junk mail; eliminate quickly.
Eliminating any amount of clutter is always a good thing! You can pick and choose where and when to start. When you feel like you don't know what to do, simply pick one and then enjoy a small dose of satisfaction and encouragement!! There is always something positive that you can do everyday. Decide. Organize. Enjoy!! :)